In my 20’s, I had a solid handle on all things fashion and style. I had outfits i loved, felt confident in my body, and could walk and dance all night long in my favorite pair of heels. Then my motherhood chapter began and everything I knew and loved felt off and uncomfortable. Suddenly I had to be strategic with the tops I wore so I could breastfeed or pump every few hours, and I seemed to end the day with milk stains and spit up and all sorts of mysterious stains. And for awhile my outfits were predictable and beyond basic. But eventually, I found my groove, and felt inspired to define my style as a working mom who still loves fashion, animal prints , textured knits, statement accessories, and a bold lip. Read on to learn the 5 Best Working Mom Style Ideas and lessons I’ve learned as a working mom that I wish I knew earlier in my motherhood journey.
5 Best Working Mom Style Ideas
1. Oversized silk shirts are brilliant and stylish breastfeeding / pumping / post partum tops (with a pretty lace nursing bra)
2. Black denim with lots of stretch are as comfy as leggings
3. A low bun + red lipstick + tinted moisturizer is the quickest beauty formula to look and feel cool and confident.
4. Crossbody It Bags and oversized cool carryalls are made for working moms who need the extra hands for all the school bags and space for diaper/kid stuff.
5. A show stopping pair of Over the Knee boots is the ultimate statement accessory. (but wear your favorite comfy flats in the AM & PM school drop off hours and swap shoes at the office)
Momlife is messy (literally) and requires us to be nimble in every sense so that usually means the comfiest, kid proof clothes and shoes possible, and forget about the accessories. But when we do get a little break in the day, in this case it’s my 8 hours at the office, we deserve to wear pieces that we love and make us feel like our best selves. And moms can and should wear headturning heels and it bags and red lipstick if that’s what we love because why not? (T tells me the outfits he loves best (I love this dress, mama!) and Olive is obsessed with my red lipstick 💋).
So this post is dedicated to all the moms who work – at home or outside the home – and have felt uninspired when it comes to style. The best clothes are the ones that light us up, make us feel good, and bonus points if we can nurse in them. 😆
Outfit 411: This flowy pajama style silk shirt is a longtime fave, soft, comfy black skinny denim (that’s also under $50), my ultra warm long coat, a versatile crossbody bag that’s great for work + everywhere else, a classic shade of red lipstick, retro wire frame shades, these beautiful over the knee faux snakeskin boots that make the best statement this season. 😎 Scroll down time shop all these looks now, or screenshot and use the @liketoknow.it app to get this whole look.
Now it’s your turn – what’s the one outfit piece that makes you feel awesome? Tell us below!