Sponsored by Walmart
Baby It Bag Alert 👶🏻 Ever wonder what mamas consider the must haves in every diaper bag? The first time around I packed my diaper baby bag with what seemed like all the things out of “what if” necessity. This 2nd time around, I know that less is more, and found my tried and true diaper bag baby products from Walmart that I won’t leave home (or travel) without. Scroll along to discover these must-have items or shop this post in the liketoknow.it app to see this all time list of the best diaper bag essentials every mom needs today.
Best Diaper Bag Essentials for 2019 & 2020
- Slim, Easy to Clean Diaper Changing Kit: If there’s one diaper baby bag item I have with me everywhere I go, it’s my diaper changing kit. I have a few, one I keep in the car (always), one for our suitcase, and one in my diaper baby bag or everyday tote bag. I’ve been using this Skip Hop Diaper Changing Kit for over 6 years and it’s one of the best – slim, light, lots of compartments, and roomy enough for the squirmiest baby.
- Small Hand Sanitizer Spray: Changing diapers on the go can get downright messy and we end up changing our babies in some less than desirable places, so a trusty hand sanitizer spray is key, like this Hello Bello Hans Sanitizer Spray in Apple Blossom.
- Soft Interactive Baby Toys: Keep them distracted is my daily parenting motto, so having a few soft interactive toys to keep them entertained is an essential in my diaper baby bag. This Captain Calamari toy by Lamaze has been a top toy with both Theo and Olive, same with this soft Peek-a-Boo Forest book.
- Lightweight and Washable Baby Bag: My favorite baby bags are anything super lightweight, washable, with lots of compartments and zippers. My first and all time favorite diaper bag is the LeSportsac Diaper Baby Bag – it comes in an array of colors and patterns and is the lightest diaper baby bag I’ve ever tried, and doubles as the best carry on travel bag!
- Baby Sunscreen Stick: We always have a baby sunscreen stick with us since we’re always out and about.
- Organic Muslin Blanket: The hardworking, multipurpose blanket for nursing, stroller covering, naps, playtime, and everything in between.
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle & Straw Cup: Less plastic means more stainless steel bottle and cup options for the kids. This Thinkbaby stainless steel straw cup is the same favorite Theo had when he was little, just now in a stainless steel version.
- Colorful Baby Board Books: Bookworm mama = lots of baby board books for the kiddos. Eric Carle is one of our all time favorites, and the colorful picture books are awesome for language development.
- Eco-Friendly Diapers: A more earth friendly baby product purchase makes a big impact, so Honest Co. Diapers have been one of our go to diapers for the last 6+ years.
- On the Go Aquaphor Baby Ointment: Aquaphor is our miracle baby product for all the things – cold winter weather skin, diaper rash, and more. We have a big jar in the kids room and a travel size version in the diaper baby bag at all times.
- Pacifier: Both Theo and Olive never ended up using a pacifier regularly, but if you kiddos do, these plus animal pacifier holders are the best of the best.
- Extra Set of Baby Clothes: An extra set (or three) of baby outfits is a must even for the shortest market run with the baby. Spilled food, unexpected blowouts, and everything in between can cause a change of clothes, so we pack soft, comfy, organic leggings and onesies in our diaper baby bag.
- Soft Nap Stuffed Animal: Miss O naps longer when she’s clutching something, and these cozy plush animals are the perfect nap buddy when we’re out.
- Baby Bandana Bibs: Baby bibs, but make them cute! We use all the bandana bibs for Olive and carry extras in our diaper baby bag.
- Organic Washcloths: Our effort to reduce our waste footprint means finding more reusable baby products, and we’ve been using these organic wash cloths for the past 6+ years. So so soft and perfect for baths, quick clean ups, and more.
- Baby Lovey Toy: Security toys gives our kiddos something familiar to keep them calm in a new situation or as they drift off to sleep. So cozy and resembling a sweet animal friend, we love these for travel, sleep, and more.
- Silicone Baby Bottles: Less Plastic = Silicone Baby Bottles. We’ve been Comotomo Baby Bottle users for the last 6+ years and they’re still one of the best, trusted bottles we know.
- Baby Wrap Carrier: For those times without a stroller when our babies demand to be held, a soft, easy to pack baby wrap carrier is an awesome solution.
Build your best diaper baby bag with my trusted, all time favorite baby products below.
Now it’s your turn – tell what your best diaper bag essentials are in a comment below….I’m taking notes and can’t wait to hear about them. 💛