Sponsored by American Express
Trimming the Christmas tree is a longtime family tradition, with warm winter drinks that match our mood. Mulled cider, mulled wine, and my favorite – Peppermint Mexican Hot Chocolate – are the three holiday beverages we sip as we transform our home into a winter wonderland.
The Peppermint Mexican Hot Chocolate is super easy to make and can be customized to your friend and family preferences – whipped cream, sprinkles, cinnamon, marshmallows and more.
Peppermint Mexican Hot Chocolate
– 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 quart milk
– 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (3 ounces)
– 7 peppermint sticks; 3 crushed (1/4 cup), 4 left whole
– pinch of salt
1. Place cocoa in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk until cocoa has dissolved. Add chocolate chips and crushed peppermint; simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and peppermint have melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Add salt. Ladle into mugs; serve each with a peppermint stick.
A new baby during the holidays also means additional expenses to account for, making our spending budget a little smaller this year. So I’ve been searching for savvy shopping solutions that reward us for our shopping. The best savings has been with my American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card, where I’m able to earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases. Purchases like Peppermint Mexican Hot Chocolate ingredients, our army of candy canes for the tree, treats, and just because. Visit http://amex.co/2ioZbQC to learn more. Terms apply.