Breakfast is a big deal in our home, for a few reasons. 1) I’m an early bird and wake up starving every morning. 2) Breakfast food is my favorite food – poached eggs, lemon ricotta pancakes, bacon, avocado toast, french toast, and those pretty instagram gems we know as breakfast bowls. 3) A ample, nutritious breakfast helps us get our body up and running in a great way.
The only minor hurdle we have with our breakfast options is my 4 year old son and my husband’s dairy intolerance. Which would make options like these breakfast bowls not an option, until we found out about a yummy, dairy free yogurt option called Kite Hill. Kite Hill is a brand that offers almond milk based options for otherwise typical dairy based favorites like yogurt and cream cheese. They offer a wide range of yogurt flavors – plain, vanilla, pineapple, key lime (so good!), strawberry, and my current favorite – peach. Having this dairy free yogurt option was made our breakfast options so much better, we don’t even miss dairy for a second. We pick up our Kite Hill yogurt via Whole Foods & Instacart, but if you don’t have a Whole Foods near you, check out Kite Hill’s site for a convenient store locator to find the closest market selling these yummy plant based yogurts and cream cheeses.
Here is the quick and easy vegan dairy-free breakfast bowl recipe for our current morning favorite – Peach and Raspberry Breakfast Bowl – to add to your morning routine, too.
Peach and Raspberry Dairy-Free Breakfast Bowl
- 1 x 5oz Kite Hill almond milk yogurt – peach flavor
- 1 cup honey coconut toasted granola
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds
- 1/8 cup crushed pecans
- 1 whole peach – sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small cereal bowl, add 1/2 cup of toasted honey coconut granola to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add 5oz of Kite Hill almond milk peach yogurt on top of the granola and spread evenly
- Add sliced peaches in a single vertical row on top of the yogurt.
- Add fresh raspberries in a single row next to the peaches.
- Add toasted coconut in a single row next to the raspberries.
- Add remaining granola in a single row next to coconut.
- Add sliced and crushed nuts in a single row next to the granola