We’re officially in back to school mode which means I’m prepping some easy + healthy after school snack ideas for T and O while I work on (or let’s be real – wait for the delivery of) our dinner. It’s a bit of a slippery slope when it comes to afternoon snacks, since we want them to be healthy, taste good, but not too much to ruin their appetite for dinner. So one of our go to’s is one of our favorite healthy after school snacks – “Good for You Snack Sticks + Peanut Butter/Greek yogurt/Cinnamon dip 🍎🥜🍯🥛, and I’m sharing this easy, healthy after school snack recipe below!
Healthy After School Snacks: Peanut Butter + Greek Yogurt + Cinnamon + Honey Dip
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I prefer unsweetened, all natural) *Almond butter, cashew butter, and sun butter are all great peanut free alternatives
- ⅓ tbsp cinnamon
- Honey topping (1 TBSP)
Stick Options: 🥕🥨🍎🍐
- 1 organic apple (pink lady & Granny Smith are my favorites), sliced
- 1 cup organic baby carrots (I like the bag of rainbow carrots if you can find them!)
- 1 cup gluten free pretzel sticks
- 1 organic pear (Bartlett and Anjou are both awesome)
- 1 cup of organic berries – strawberry, raspberry, blueberry
- 1 cup of organic jicama sticks
- Add all of the dip ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix together with a whisk or spoon until blended together.
- Enjoy as a healthy dip with apple slices, carrots, pretzels, or any other fruit, veggie, or cracker you love!
- Serve with an 8oz glass of real dairy milk or coconut water (Harmless Harvest!).
This is one of our favorite healthy after school snacks. Mainly because it tastes good and is so easy to make ahead during the weekend and keep in the fridge for the week.
Tell us some of your favorite healthy after school snacks below – I’m always looking for more to try with the fam!